Sunday, December 2, 2012

Why even bother to change a perfect comfy life?

The title of the page is the exact question I used to ask myself a while back - months ago when everything I tried looked good on me, I could do 10 pool laps easily and my stamina was at its peak...
As the months passed by, I got more involved in work that mainly called for a sedentary life and a lot of travel - the tiny bit of inadvertent exercise that I had and proper food that I ate became endangered and eventually extinct.
The happy feeling that I had when I tried new dresses, super sexy shorts and shiny skirts on me was not there anymore. My clothes barely fit me, I got tired in three-four pool laps, I didn't feel that good about my body and all that led to more lethargy and extra hours at work.

After realizing that I needed to get back in shape, my husband and I started going to the gym regularly and religiously. We went to the gym and did all exercises and cardio on a proper schedule. The only thing that we did not consider was to try controlling our diet - we love trying new cuisines, new food and new restaurants - all that exposed us to unhealthy food most of the times...and when I worked on elliptical I never bothered about how many calories I gulped down.... And this didn't work as expected!

We switched job, moved to a new city - fresh beginning. The first thing I did, inspired by one of best friend, was to get a good personal trainer to give us some direction. Not only did she establish a proper workout schedule but she also gave us a strict diet to follow. I could notice a huge difference in our lifestyle, our built and our stamina within a month.
The life that I lead right now vs. what I had one year back is more comfortable I'd say - I don't have anymore neck pains or back aches, my legs don't hurt after a short exercise spree and I can have spasm free nights, I get better sleep at night and most importantly I feel energetic throughout the day. One hour of my day in gym results in fourteen hours of peaceful and content day - I end up feeling good about me and generate a positive feeling to keep me going on....

For me the meaning of comfort has changed - it has changed from sitting in front of the TV on a couch with a bag full of Lays and a back ache to rolling on a foam roller easing that pain while watching the dawn break and birds chirp with the first ray of light. Comfort has changed from just sleeping all the time with an excuse of neck pain to a more active life where there is hardly any pain left in my body at all.
That's why I say for a truly comfortable life - get on your feet and hit the gym... and most importantly believe in yourself.... An old school saying - "Where there is a will, there's a way"

Good Luck!

1 comment: